Pressure equipment design and type examination, testing and approval according to the PED
The Pressure Equipment Directive (97/23/EC) and its Hungarian equivalent, Ministerial Decree 9/2001 (IV.5.) GM, govern the design, manufacture and conformity assessment of pressure equipment and systems.
Pressure equipment (pressure vessels, boilers, industrial piping) and pressure systems may be commissioned only if they comply with the basic technical safety requirements specified in the directive, and this is indicated by the CE mark on the product. For the conformity assessment, the manufacturer may choose from 13 conformity-assessment modules corresponding to the hazard category of the equipment, or 13 module combinations comprising these. For the most commonly applied module combinations the directive specifies that examination and certification must be carried out by a Notified Body registered in Brussels for the field.
The following conformity assessment modules include design assessment, examination and certification
Module B (EC type-examination)
Module B1 (EC design-examination)
Module G (EC unit examination)
Module H1 (full quality assurance with design examination)
Our areas of service
- Based on the drawings submitted, determination and certification of pressure equipment type (pressure vessel, boiler, industrial piping, safety accessory, pressure accessory) and category (I-IV)
- Identification of possible conformity assessment modules
- Matching of selected specifications with PED
- Examination of conformity of raw materials according to PED and selected specifications, and approval of PMA sheets
- Full examination under appropriate loads (internal and external pressure, pressure test, temperature, connection loading, earthquake loading, wind loading, cyclical loading, supports, etc.) and using the appropriate software
- Documentation of design testing and examination, and issue of certificate relevant to module
- Training, advice, personal consultancy on the requirements of the PED, the harmonized standards (MSZ EN 13445, MSZ EN 13480, EN 12952, MSZ EN 12953), AD 2000 Merkblatt and ASME VIII. Div. 1