Testing and certification of textiles, clothing and accessories
Nowadays, textile industry is undergoing a significant change all over the world. In Hungary's textile market, companies find it more and more difficult to survive due to the fierce competition. It is not enough to keep pace with all new fashion trends, customer needs and expectations: you also have to take care of the quality of basic materials and of the manufacturing process, i.e. of the safety of products. The production of clothes and fabrics getting into direct contact with the skin requires an increased attention and sense of responsibility.
The legislation to observe in order to continuously maintain good quality can be found in the REACH regulation (1907/2006/EC) the requirements of which also apply to textiles. According to this legislation, textiles must not contain or may only contain a limited amount of certain substances (e.g. heavy metals, azo dyes, etc.).
The regulations on raw materials (96/74/EC, 96/73/EC; decree of the Ministry of Economy and Transport no. 25/2005 (IV. 29.) including all amendments) determine the composition of raw materials, as well as the denomination and labelling of fibres.
The tests conducted in accordance with ÖKOTEX STANDARD 100 examine the content of harmful substances in textiles.
Our experts inspect and test the safety of products (basic materials of clothes, children clothing, underwear, factory-tailored clothes, household textiles, toys, technical textiles, and textiles for the automotive industry) under circumstances of everyday use in order to get a realistic view of all potential risks and situations of use.
- Preparing and verification of labels and notices to customers
- Mechanic and physical safety tests
- Identification of basic materials
- Analysis of product properties at use and handling
- Issue of test protocols and expert appraisals
- Testing of material composition and structure
- Testing of strength (tearing, picking, thread sliding along the seams, etc.)
- Testing of colour resistance (light, washing, rubbing, sweat, chemical cleaning, saliva, etc.)
- Testing of shrinkage
- Testing of surface changes and resistance (e.g. resistance to folding, water-repellent finish, air permeability, creasing tendency, pilling test, resistance to wear, etc.)
- Flame resistance tests (bed clothes)
- Chemical tests (e.g. content of harmful substances, prohibited allergenic dyes, preservatives, fire retardant materials, etc.)
- Clothes and accessories (size specification)
- Baby and children clothes (safety and chemical tests)