Inspection and certification of paints, lacquers and coating material
Paints, lacquers and coating material may only be safely marketed after inspections based on strict regulations and standards.
TÜV SÜD – whose laboratory applies a quality assurance system certified according to the MSZ EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard, with certification number NAT-1-1114/2007– conducts comprehensive, high quality inspections, in full compliance with the national and international requirements.
Standards for classification and determining the requirements:
- MSZ EN 13300 Water-based coating material and coating systems for interior walls and ceilings. Classification.
- MSZ EN 1062-1 Coating material and coating systems for exterior walls and concrete. Classification.
- MSZ EN 927-2 Coating material and coating systems for exterior wooden surfaces. Capacity requirement.
- MSZ EN ISO 12944 Corrosion protection of steel structures with paint coating systems.
- Examination of paint and lacquer liquid characteristics (homogenity, density, viscosity, non-volatile content, pigment content, organic volatile compound (VOC) content, pH, inflammation point, coating capacity, spread)
- Examination of paint coatings (adherence, dry layer thickness, hardness, vapour permeability, water permeability, water absorption, water resistance, resistance against wet abrasion, salt steam resistance, effects of artificial weather conditions and artificial radiation, colour metering, brightness metering)
- Examination of documents, control of label text
- compliance with the legal requirements,
- satisfaction of fundamental customer expectations,
- gaining and keeping customer trust on the long term,
- compliance with the supplier criteria for supplier chains,
- providing users with safe products,
- ability to use the world-renowned certification mark.