Elevators, escalators, and moving walkways
Testing, control and conformity assessment of elevators, escalators and moving walkways
ÉMI-TÜV SÜD Ltd. has been accredited, and given Notified Body status within the territory of the European Union with the identification number CE 1417 for the testing, control and conformity assessment of elevators and escalators under the provisions of Directive No. 95/16/EC of the European Parliament on lifts.
Our experts have European and international authorisations in the field of testing, control and certification of elevators and other specialised hoisting mechanisms like rotating passenger carriers, stage equipment, escalators and moving walkways.
Technical and legal conformity of mechanisms, machinery and equipment is based on a set of stringent rules and regulations throughout the whole European Union. Operators, constructors and manufacturers are all bound to comply with the effective EU directives and national laws, rules and regulations in every aspect.
Governing national regulation for operators:
Safety inspections – general examination, periodic inspections and conformity inspection and quality control of maintenance – of passenger and goods elevators, rotating passenger carriers, escalators and moving walkways is regulated by the Decree No. 113/1998 of 10 June 1998 and its amendments to date issued by the Hungarian Government.
Governing regulation for constructors and manufacturers:
Testing and certification of safety components of elevators and the testing and conformity certification of new elevators prior to putting into service is mandatory according to the Decree No. 108/2001 of 23 December 2001 of the Ministry of Agriculture and the Ministry of Economy (FVM-GM) and according to the applicable standards.
- On-site inspection and certification of elevators and escalators
- Conformity inspection of escalators and their components
- Type-testing and certification of elevators and their safety devices
- Safety inspection of the existing elevators and escalators
- Training and examination of elevator operators
- Labour safety conformity inspection of lifting equipment
- Labour safety conformity inspection of stage equipment
- Assessment of condition and preparation of expert's report
- Computerized diagnostic measurements
- Recommendations for the technical upgrade of equipment
- Our laboratory is the product testing and certification competence centre of the TÜV SÜD Group