Let us inform you on some important changes that affect the certification of your quality management system (ISO 9001).
The Hungarian Government has terminated the National Accreditation Body (NAT) as of 31 December 2015. Effective of 1 January 2016, the newly founded National Accreditation Authority (NAH) will be responsible for the Hungarian accreditation processes. Due to the above changes, EA (European Accreditation) has terminated the mutual international recognition of the Hungarian accredited status. Negotiations are now on-going between the Government and EA to register the new organisation (NAH) and to mutually recognize the Hungarian accreditations, nevertheless, the duration of this process is yet unknown.
The situation may constitute exceptional exposure for many enterprises: the certificates under Hungarian accreditation are not recognized abroad, whereas in Hungary the recognition of the certificates issued by international accreditation bodies is ambiguous (due to the lack of mutual recognition).
In order to settle the above situation we have elaborated a solution for our partners that eventuates solid legal status and recognition both in Hungary and abroad. With support from our parent company, TÜV SÜD, we offer a process that places your existing Hungarian (NAT) accreditation under German (DAkkS) accreditation, with the help of a so-called „transfer process”. In addition, we maintain the validity of your certificates under NAT/NAH, which is necessary for domestic recognition. This “double” certification gives you a solid and comprehensive solution, but with certain condition that you have to evaluate, considering your company’s scope and service activities.
The most important information on the process are as follows:
1. The above transfer process is available only until 30 April 2016, by DAkkS statement; the related written claim must be submitted until 31 March 2016 to ÉMI-TÜV, so that the transfer can be accomplished.
2. The transfer process is subject to fees: one-time, non-recurrent fee is 90 EUR + VAT.
3. As a result of the transfer, a certification under DAkkS accreditation will be issued, with the same period of validity as the original certificate.
4. Following the transfer, the maintenance of the certificate as well as the scheduled audits must be accomplished due to the regulations of DAkkS and our parent company, which will require the modification of the contract and, in some cases, the modification of the yearly maintenance fee of the certificate and other changes.
5. The certification conditions under the Hungarian NAT/NAH accreditation are unchanged.
For our partners that that do not require the international recognition of their quality management certification for marketing reasons, there will be no changes in the certification process under the Hungarian NAT/NAH.
In case you are interested in the transfer opportunity, please fill out the following form: